Website User Privacy
Vault Online collects information about people using this Website and you may be concerned about what Vault Online does with information it obtains and retains about those users.
We assure you that we will not disclose any information obtained from you, and will take reasonable steps to prevent
disclosure of that information, unless:
- we are required by law to disclose the information; or
- we obtain your permission to use the information;
- we require the information to enable us to provide services to you; or
- we require the information to send you information about the services we offer; or
- where the information is already publicly available.
Specific Website Privacy Disclaimers
- This Website is linked to the Internet and contains links to other Websites. By using this Website you must accept the inherent risk associated with the insecurity of the internet.
- Vault Online will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information which occurs because this Website is linked to the internet.
- Vault Online does not accept any responsibility for the content of those Websites or for their privacy practices.
- Vault Online accepts no responsibility for any unauthorised use of any password or other access security means provided to you.
Why does Vault Online collect personal information?
Vault Online only collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you or your organisation with advice or other professional services;
- to provide you or your organisation with technology services and solutions;
- for employment purposes;
- to seek and receive advice or services from you or your organisation; and
- to market our services to you or your organisation.
If you do not provide the personal information we request, we may not be able fulfil these collection purposes.
When we collect personal information about you from any source other than you we will take reasonable steps to contact you and ensure that you are aware of the purpose for which we are collecting your personal information and the purposes for which we might disclose your personal information.
If you are our client or are employed by our client, we may disclose your personal information to:
- awyers or experts engaged on your matter;
- your other advisors, if you ask us to do so.
We may also disclose your personal information to our clients where we have collected that information in the course of providing professional services to them.
How do you collect personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from you when:
- we meet you face to face;
- we speak to you by telephone,
- you send us letters, faxes or e-mail; or
- you subscribe electronically to our publications.
The sort of personal information we collect about you includes your name, mailing address, telephone number and
e-mail address. Sometimes we may need to collect sensitive personal information about you to assist us to represent
We sometimes need to obtain personal information from other people or entities, such as your employer, other professional advisors, government bodies or financial institutions, credit reporting agencies, other information service providers or public records.
How do you use the information I provide to you?
We will only use and disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected.
Sometimes it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information to foreign countries, particularly for the purpose of obtaining expert foreign advice. We will only do this if you expressly ask us to do so or if it is directly necessary for us to do so in the course of representing you.
We NEVER disclose personal information we collect to third parties for them to direct market their products and services to you.
Sometimes we engage third party contractors to perform services for us which involves the contractor handling
personal information we hold. We prohibit any third party contractor from using personal information about you
except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
How do you use the information I provide to you about other people?
If you provide personal information to us about someone else (such as one of your directors or employees or someone with whom you have dealings) we will only collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes we have described above.
We rely on you to make sure that you have taken reasonable steps to ensure any person whose personal information you
provide to us is aware that you are doing so and is aware of our identity, how to contact us, our purposes of
collection, our information disclosure practices, the individual's right to obtain access to the information and the
consequences for the individual if the information is not provided.
How secure is my personal information?
We keep all of the information we have about our clients’ affairs confidential, including their personal information,
and we will only disclose any of that information:
- with that client's consent; or
- if we are compelled to do so by law.
Your personal information may be stored either in document or in electronic form.
We protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure by locks and security
systems. We use firewalls and other security systems such as user passwords to control access to our computer
How can I obtain access to information you hold about me?
If you ask us to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you we will do so unless we are under some other legal obligation not to do so.
If we refuse to provide you with access to any personal information, we will provide you with reasons for this refusal.
We will respond to your request for access as soon as practically possible after we receive it and we may ask you to
pay our reasonable costs of providing you with that access.
How do you keep my personal information up-to-date?
Whenever we are in contact with you we try to confirm that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. If you believe that any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately and we will take steps to correct this information.
How do I contact you?
If you wish to gain access to your personal information or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy or if you have any question on how your personal information is collected or used, please contact our Privacy Officer who will respond to your question or complaint as quickly as possible:
Telephone: +61 7 3849 7025
Mail: 9 Bluebell Street, Mansfield QLD 4122
Fax: +61 7 3349 1007